We have been away for quite awhile, but will slowly be coming back this year with new DIY inspirational ideas and a renovated online Etsy shop that will soon focus more on personalized custom designed tags and labels for your special events!
Furthermore, you may seen me from time to time sharing fresh and fun baby shower ideas, since I am expecting a new little bundle of joy to join my family by July ~ 2011! I'm so thrilled and excited, but for today I would like to share an adorable sweet recipe idea: Phyllo Edible Dessert Nests, which I found on the Martha Stewart's site.
This recipe is not only perfect for Easter on the way, but wonderful to use for "Nesting" themed baby showers this Spring!
Serving Makes 12
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for tin
- 8 ounces (1/2 package) kataifi, thawed
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, (optional)
- Jelly beans, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush a 12-cup muffin tin with butter. Pull phyllo into 1-inch-thick bundles; cut bundles into 2-inch lengths. Place in a bowl; separate into a loose pile with fingers. Toss with butter, sugar, and cinnamon, if using.
- Divide among 12 muffin cups; press into bottom and up sides. Cook until golden and crisp around the edges, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool; fill with jelly beans
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2003