Posted by Valita Gal on Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Last summer I hosted a Sesame Street Party for my son's 2nd birthday.  However, much of the party supplies that I would run into where more aimed towards 1st birthdays and had some pinks and purples, which I did not want incorporated into his party.  Therefore, I designed a colorful and fun Invitation, of course focusing on his favorite character, Elmo.  

I created a simple table treat display, since I hosted two parties in one (the other being a Rainbow Dash Party, featured in another post, for my daughter). As for the background setting, my husband created a backdrop stand out of PVC pipes, that cost less than $25 to make (click here to view the tutorial he found online).  I purchased a backdrop scene for the theme and hole punched the top, clipping it onto the top PVC pipe with a new set of bathtub curtain rings. I bought the cake from a local baker and decorated the cupcake stand with store bought cupcakes and decorated the top with Elmo and Cookie Monster's face (preview close up below).  I designed the table place cards, personalized sesame street sign (Ethan Street), Goldfish Stickers (Elmo loves his Goldfish, dorothy), and the faces for the goody bags.  All of the decor that I designed, is available on my shop, The White EG.  Most of the party supplies were bought on Birthday Express.






Store bought cupcakes, with white chocolate melts (eyes), colored in the black part in the eye with edible baking markers, Oreos for the mouth, and used small chocolate chip cookies near Cookie Monsters mouth (makes him look as if he is eating cookies). 


I had my brother construct this Sesame Street pole for me with a wooden dowel and staircase poles from our local hardware store.  












 Credits and Links to Products used in this party feature:

Sesame Street Invitation | The White EG
Sesame Street Pole Sign (Ethan Street) | The White EG
Sesame Street Party Supplies | Birthday Express
Sesame Street Personalized Thank You Tags or Sticker | The White EG
Colorful Elmo Cake | Crazy 4 Sweets 
Rainbow Candy Buffet (Assorted Candies) | Birthday Express
Colorful Pails in Red, Blue, and Yellow (shown upside down) | Dollar Tree
Sesame Street Character Faces for Goody Bags | The White EG


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

View our other Sesame Street Polka Dot Party, 
designed for a sweet little girl...

Sesame Street Birthday Invitations, Place cards, tags, labels, cut outs, and printables by www.thewhiteeg.com

This party features mostly everything designed by The White EG Shop
(Invitation design, colorful circle banner, place cards for table treats, Slimey's dirt pudding stickers, Personalized Sesame Street Sign ("Anabella Street"), and Sesame Street goody bag character faces that you can download on our shop as an Instant Download.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Preview some of our other Sesame Street 
Invitation Designs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like these Sesame Street party Ideas?
Incorporate them with other Sesame Street party designs and supplies, featured below from our partners at Birthday Express.