Posted by Valita Gal on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Last year, my daughter had asked me for a Rainbow Dash (My Little Pony) birthday, mainly focusing on the rainbow aspect of it.  Therefore, since we were on a tight budget, my husband and I ended up renting a park pavilion and hosted two birthdays in one setting.  The other was a Sesame Street colorful birthday for my son, turning 2 (which I will feature in a separate post).

In this simple but cute Rainbow Dash inspired party, I created a simple table display.  If you are looking for ideas or inspiration, you can easily do this same display and add a rainbow colored candy buffet (just make sure the candy does not melt, if you're hosting this on a hot summer day).  As for the background setting, my husband created a backdrop stand out of PVC pipes, that cost less than $25 to make (click here to view the tutorial he found online).  I purchased a backdrop scene for the theme and hole punched the top, clipping it onto the top PVC pipe with a new set of bathtub curtain rings. I bought the cake from a local baker and decorated the cupcake stand with store bought cupcakes (inspired by a rainbow cupcake design found on Pinterest).  However, I did learn that you may want to stay away from buttercream frosted cupcakes if it's a really hot summer day, since it will definitely melt.  Most of the party supplies, colorful decorations, rainbow pinata, and candy were bought from our partners at Birthday Express.  As for the activity, the girls crafted a rainbow charm bracelet and got to wear rainbow colored hair pins I made out of fabric (which I clipped onto the top of the goody bag treat bags).  I listed all direct online links and credit below to the vendors.


 Visit Craftsy to learn how to make a beautiful ruffle cake like this one featured above!


















 Credits and Links to Products used in this party feature:

Rainbow or Rainbow Dash Invitation | The White EG
My Little Pony Party Supplies | Birthday Express
Rainbow Ruffle Cake | Crazy 4 Sweets 
DIY Rainbow Cupcake Topper | Pinterest
My Little Pony Figured on Cake | Toys R Us
Rainbow Candy Buffet (Assorted Candies) | Birthday Express
Rainbow Lollipop Swirls | Birthday Express
Rainbow Colored Decorations (colorful hanging balls) | Birthday Express


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ideas for this party can also be incorporated into a fun rainbow party, using just our Rainbow Invitation option, combined with these great rainbow finds, featured below from Birthday Express.




http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=484259&b=595576&m=53026&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Ebirthdayexpress%2Ecom%2FRainbow%2DWishes%2DParty%2DPacks%2F87817%2FPartyPack%2Easpx




  Visit Craftsy to learn how to make a beautiful ruffle cake like this one featured below...